Your Guide to The Best Lubes for Sex
Lube makes your experience in bed just that little bit smoother and more exciting. It is used by both men and women in all forms of sex, including foreplay, vaginal sex, anal sex, oral sex, and during masturbation. Sometimes it's a necessity (think vaginal dryness or anal sex), often it's just an extra for even more fun in bed.
The 5 types of lube
Lube isn't just one-size-fits all. There are certain types of lube you should use for certain activities at certain times. The lube you use in the shower might be different than the one you'll want to use for toys — and they both might be different from the lube you keep by your bedside table for sex with a partner.
At Anteros, we offer five different types of lubricant, so you can find one that meets your exact needs. Our range includes:
- Water-based lubes are easily washable and combine the best with latex condoms.
- Silicone-based lubes are condom safe and tend to last longer than any other type of lube.
- Flavoured lubes ensure a great tasting experience during oral sex, offering a tantalizing experience for the tastebuds.
- Oil-based lubes are mainly used for fisting or massages. This type of lubricant is not suitable for use with condoms, as it can break them down, leading to tears and breakages.
- Hybrid lubes are a mix of several types of lubricant and have all the advantages of the types of lubricants used.
The above classification is made based on the ingredients. There's also a classification in terms of what you can do with them, but we'll save that for another time.
In our post about the pros and cons of different types of lubricants, you'll find even more tips.
Buying lube for sex from Anteros
Still unsure which lubricant to choose? In our webshop, you'll find a wide range of lubricants from top brands. They might be brands you've never heard of, but take our word for it; each one is a top-notch product.
If you've never used a lubricant before, we recommend starting with a water-based lubricant for beginners. Consider, for example, Pjur Basic Water-Based. It's a great product at a reasonable price. Have you experimented with different lubricants but didn't find them great? Take a look at Pjur Original or Swiss Navy Silicone Lubricant. Pleasure guaranteed!
Discover our full range of lubricants here. Have a question? Contact us. We are discreet and keep secrets as if our lives depended on it.